View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Animal Lover

mimipurr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Raw meat as Cat Foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Cat Newbie --

There are some cat lovers who insist that a raw diet is best, BUT it is not only meat. Cats also need some vegetable/fruit in their diet and other nutrients not found in meat. Those who feed raw foods must mix other things with the meat and pay attention to the cat's overall nutritional needs.

If you feed high quality kibble (meaning something better than Friskies or Whiskas), the nutrition is complete.

So unless you want to do the research on making a complete raw food for your cats, kiwiCiku Graphy is probably right -- it's better to feed a high quality kibble and use meat as a treat.

FYI, if you are interested in learning more about feeding raw, the folks at Pet Epicure in Taman Melawati are very knowledgeable. Phone number is 0129059010, and email address is petepicure@gmail.com Address is No.16 Jalan Bandar 2, Taman Melawati.

Good luck to you and your cats!

Hello Cat Newbie,

You are wise indeed giving your cats raw diet, I would continue if I were you. And I second Maneki Neko's suggestion on Pet Epicure as they are really responsible pet shop with a lot of experience, I go there myself for all my cat food.
Just to share my cats grew up on so-called high end kibbles such as RC and later on Blackwood. One of my babes who is only 7.5 years old was diagnosed with CRF recently-Chronic Renal Failure(kidney problems/failure).
I was angry and dumb founded, here I am feeding expensive and supposedly premium stuff to my cat and he has failing kidneys at such a young age. Since then I have found a holistic vet to manage his diet and started feeding all my cats with wet food/home cooked food following the recipe from my vet.
If you like to know more, I suggest you read books by Dr Pitcairn and/or Anita Frasier to get more knowledge on what to feed your cat and how to care for them in a holistic manner. In these books they put recipes for how to prepare home cooked food/raw diet for your beloved pets. If you don't have time perhaps consider to buy canned food like natural balance/addiction or dry food from the same brands as they have high quality protein and no grain/carbs. I wish my cats would eat raw but they would not as they are all kibble heads as that was the only food they knew since small so my fault!
All the best to you and your furrkids!

mimi