View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Animal Lover

qitqat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My cat is losing hair and has little scabs on his body

Thanks blackie. If only I saw your reply before going to another vet on Friday who advised me the exact same thing u did after spending an hour with the doc . He's now on antibiotics for 2 weeks and to report on his behavior & grooming habits. He lost 300g tho..

I suspected allergies or stress at first but I just couldn't find anything out of the ordinary for me to pin point what the cause is. I'm still living in the same place, with the same furnitures and am still feeding them the same diet. There's no new cat but lost one (I have 4), his mother died due to an accident which is when I started seeing him grooming excessively for a short time. The baldness episode happened right after I guess but he's 3yrs old, not 3mths old for me to say he's grieving (do cats grieve? ). He's more clingy now, which was not 1 of his traits when mummycat was alive. And no he's neither easily agitated nor cranky.. just extra clingy.

Yes shah. It works but I'd also like to eliminate the cause of these bald patches . Maybe I'll make a trip to hands and paws vet if there's still no improvement and check out the CSI-like gadgets too . Thanks for the tip!