View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. the iPad: Compare For Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Hi Jimmy,

There are 3 common ways to get movies onto your iPad.

1) Purchase and download them via iTunes on your PC / iPad.

Thanks Andy,

From where do you locate movies for download?

2) Download your own movies via computer (usually in formats like Divx, Xvid, RM etc), then install iPad apps like VLC Player, CineXPlayer or OPlayer and transfer over these files to the app's documents folder to play them. You won't be able to store many movies in the iPad though as the file size would be relatively huge as these are formats for computer and not mobile device playback.

How do you download movies from your DVD to the computer, do you need any particular software to do so? My idea of having some saved movies in my ipad is to pass time while on the travel. If I want to have more movies I can save them in my eternal drive which I actually can, isn't it?

3) Install an iPad app like Air Display, and the corresponding Air Video Server on your PC. Then configure Air Video Server to read your movie files on the computer, and it would convert and broadcast the movie over to your iPad's Air Display app via wifi. You won't need to waste storage space on iPad, but it might be a bit laggy if your PC is slow, in which case you would need to have Air Video Server pre-convert the movie first instead of dynamically converting and playing on the fly.

I will try the 2nd application first before I attempt with this.

Btw, since you have 2 iPads, you can use it to play various multi-player games that support it, like car racing, board games (i.e. Uno, Scrabble, Monopoly), etc

Multi player through 3G/wifi or Bluetooth.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA