View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Animal Lover

zatt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat having diarrhea. How to treat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Usually for emergency cases, I will usually keep a bottle of Kaolin Pectin at home. When any of my cats have diarrhea I will usually give a dose. Kaolin Pectin will help to harden the stools. If it still persists I will send to the vet for further checkup. My Vet told me any cat having diarrhea for more than 3 days is considered chronic diarrhea and need immediate attention.

Not only food can cause diarrhea but also poor management of the cats such us feeding and drinking bowls not washed daily, tap water given to cats (must give boiled water). All these need to be looked into to avoid the cats from having tummy upset.
Hi Felix...

Do you sell that Kaolin Pectin on your site? would like to keep one, just in case my cat having diarrhea next time...

btw guys, just want to ask, i got 2 cats, one female DLH and another one is male mix breed of ASH+Bengal... both cats is 8 mts old.

Sometime I notice that my ASH+Bengal stool ended with soft texture... At the beginning his stool is hard, but when he want to finish it, at the end, his stool came out soft..

(usually i will be with my cats when they want to do their business as I just want to clean it right away.. )

any idea why? and he is very sensitive and most likely to get diarrhea.. when he having diarrhea, all the time my vet told me that he is eating to fast..

while my female DLH dont have this kind of prob at all...