View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 09:09 PM
PetFinder Buddy

lisalau is on a distinguished road
Default Hello friends at petfinder!

Hi!
I came across this website by chance, actually and started to read about the postings on this forum.

I am a KL gal and working in PJ. I love animals and strongly believe our furry friends deserve our love, respect and support as they live together with us in this world. They are our loyal companions and they can really pleasantly surprised us! :)

Before I know about petfinder, I really don't know much about animals, animal welfare and such. Just before i joined petfinder, my colleague and I saw a young dog under the stairs outside our office. We thought maybe its mother went out to find food..a week passed and we knew that dog must be living alone under the stairs.. It's very sad to see the dog didn't go anywhere but just stayed under the stairs.

We fed the dog and after two weeks, my friend and I thought that the dog (we named it Milo) cannot live under the stairs forever and we can't foster Milo and we didn't know anyone who can foster...

We called PAWS and Mr. Edward answered the phone and advised me. A day later, Uncle Charles and a pakcik came to take Milo to PAWS shelter and we are glad Milo is at a safer place than being alone under the stairs.

Since then, I have been searching for info about animal welfare, shelters and came to petfinder and have been in touch with Andy and Darren about doing some volunteering at animal shelters.

I look forward to be here and to learn more about animals welfare, their wellbeing and how all of us here can make a difference to improve the animals welfare and the public awareness about animals in this country. Like one famous quote, "The transformation and change must start from first, ourselves".

Warmest regards,
Lisa