View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Animal Lover

michelle_daodao is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Dog's Skin Problem just Won't Cure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi Michelle, and welcome to PetFinder!

I just spotted an article recently on dogs who chew their paws:

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...k&sf36770017=1

Basically, food allergies are a likely culprit. Skin diseases are difficult to diagnose and treat, and pedigreed dogs are more prone to them, as they often have a genetic component.

You will need to exercise a lot of patience and trial & error to find a solution. You might want to look for a holistic vet who will look into the causes rather than prescribing drugs to treat the symptoms, although this will likely mean travelling outside the Kajang area. Good luck!
Hi, Maneki!

Thanks for the article.
It helps. at least i know more about it.
Some say it may because of stress and friend of mine who work in a pet shop advice me to change my dog food.
He's having Canine Caviar wild ocean grain-free now.
They say the protein is too high and asked me to change to iskhan or Royal Canin.
But i don't want my dog to take chicken meat as it may cause allergy too so i might try Iskhan.
I don't mind travel out of Kajang area to treat his problems as long as he will recover.
That's the important thing.
I brought him for injection yesterday and the doc gave him some relax & calm pills for him to sleep better at night but he still woke up during midnight to chew his paw and scratch himself.