View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
there are always better options than leaving your pet at an animal shelter. rehome it yourself!! people KNOW what happens at shelters and yet they continue to dump their pets there then complain about the shelters euthanizing animals.. what they are incapable of understanding is, the shelters wouldn't be so crowded in the first place if the owners themselves didn't dump their pets there.

and when it comes to personal housing, like i said there are ALWAYS choices. keep looking for a place till you find one that allows pets. i rent my house and its not in a great neighborhood but that's what i could find in my budget that allows pets. you ahve to make sacrifices.

i could easily have lived somewhere nicer or in a more convenient location at a better price if i had ditched my pets.

Lynie is right. When my hubby and I were looking to buy a new home, besides asking about 2 designated covered car-parks for each unit which is a must for us, I made sure the management of the condo allows cats as pets. There were many nice ones in Mont Kiara that we had to pass as they don't allow cats.

To say the new housing does not allow pets is taking the easy way out. The pet owner should adopt the attitude that if his pets are not welcomed, then he is not going to move there.