View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

Meffy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toilet training issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouhari View Post
Get the kitty a proper litter box (rm 25 wonderpets)and kitty litter. Proper litter box have a lip cover so the kitty litter will stay in there. If your problem was litter being spread everywhere this will solve it. a small carpet next to it helps them clean up, helps you clean up.It needs to have correct size and quantity Too small, and kitty might make a mess. Some might not even want to share! Keep it clean. If its dirty, they wont go there. these guys are clean animal most of the time yea?
Or...if you want an even cheaper alternative, go visit your friendly neighbourhood "Kedai Serbaneka". You know the types that sell all sorts of household items at reasonable prices. I never wanted to pay RM25-30 for a box that holds poop and pee. So I went to the gardening section of the shop and found a garden tray about 1.5ft long x 10inch wide and 5 inch deep for only RM3.00!! Of course it doesn't have the cover to hold in the sand but it's so worth holding poop! Using a mat around the box will help prevent litter tracking. My cat has the whole bathroom to herself so I only need to sweep it every other day.

The litter sand I use is only RM15 for 8lit. It's quite okay, has apple or lemon fragrance. I wanted to try the ones that cost above RM20 but....do I have to pay so much for something that my cat is going to poop on?

I think it's important you feed your cat good food so you wouldn't have to worry about extreme odours