View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:31 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sales & Purchase Agreement [S&P]

There is much being said about laws & rights of late with regards to animal welfare in Malaysia. In all honesty based on what I have come to understand, everything is rather an aimless shot in the dark.

If the humanitarian welfare of the "rakyat" in terms of housing still needs major improvement with various abandoned housing projects around, I cannot foresee animal welfare surging ahead anytime soon. Tongue-in-cheek, would you expose yourself by buying an undevelop property with the risk of having the project abandoned OR would you buy a property that is already in existence! Things doesn't have to be that way like that is the ONLY way!

Similarly with regards to animals, the real issue about animal protection is not the animal itself in question literally but more on the owners themselves. I cannot see any other way better to protect oneself other than having a valid Sales & Purchase Agreement between the buyer and the seller. For without an agreement, there is really nothing more to talk about when things turns sour, which in many case will do happen not in favour of the buyer if you are in Malaysia.

Naturally I am focusing here is about pedigree dogs especially. For those who wishes to go the extra mile with mongrels may do so but there really is no point since there is no commercial value in mongrels to begin with. For those who is about to jump the gun saying things like there is no difference between a pedigree and a mongrel to justify oneself for whatever reason. May I ask, wasn't a pedigree created for a specific purpose or function in the first place?

I have also come to know that, there are attempts to blacklist, banned unscrupulous sellers here. For that PetFinder.com.my should be commended and some extent it did seem right but the logic is really questionable since identity here is nothing but aliases! Perhaps I am really blind here in not being able to see the salient points in blacklisting, banning etc done here on this pretext.

I do not know anything about cats, so its best that the cat version be left to the cat "gurus" to iron things out themselves about how to go about with S&P, if they ever do come to that bridge!

So perhaps until the general Malaysia population of pet lovers start to realize that S&P is the 1st step in the equation that is urgently required, animal protection laws & rights and what have you is like crying over split milk. Remember things doesn't have to be that way like that was the ONLY way and unless there is a change in the mindset, reading this thread is nothing but futile! For if 1 cannot even protect himself, I sincerely cannot see how 1 can protect an animal.

Finally for those who disagree with executing a S&P with regards to pedigree dogs, please state your reasons irregardless whether you are buyer or a seller for I would like to hear them. For those who are agreable, please indicate what would you like to emphasized most in the S&P agreement and thank you for sharing.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 09-12-2010 at 07:57 AM.