View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Skeletons In The Island

Extract from http://www.mycen.com.my/sightings/si...am_dogs10.html

Saved and Safe. The rescued dog in the safe hands of Sabrina and on the way to a vet for treatment.

But time is running out and there might be only skeletons and carcasses left to collect on their next trip.

Boat hire is expensive there. It is a tourist area and it has already cost the writer a few hundred ringgit for boat hire alone, so far. The rescued dogs cannot be transported on the regular ferries. Almost nobody will lift a finger to help without a fee. This is understandable.

The locals are already shaking their heads in disbelief that there are outsiders who want to save the animals they so casually discarded.

Instead of pointing fingers and antagonising them, they needed their co-operation to help save the unfortunate creatures.

In the process, they also hoped to educate the islanders on better treatment of animals. It would have been an impossible mission if they didn't win their hearts.

The writer says:

If you are unable to help directly, please help by forwarding this appeal to other compassionate folks who you feel might be able to make some monetary contributions.

Apart from boat hire, we need money to buy cages, to pay people to help catch them, to hire land transport to send the rescued animals to veterinary clinics, pay for vet fees, send the recovered ones to the shelter and to feed and house them for life. I can go on!

To donate or help, e-mail TV Smith at tvsmith@mycen.com.my or Sabrina Yeap at yeapwen@yahoo.com

Fellow bloggers, you can also help by embedding this appeal poster on your blog and linking to http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ketam_10.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	5001  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 05-05-2009 at 04:12 PM.