View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with taming feral kittens

hi everyone,
some of you know that i had been trying to catch a female cat and her three kittens for more than a month now. well, i have recently succeeded in doing just that. first catching two of the kittens on saturday night and catching mama and the remaining kitten early this morning. mama cat is very friendly and i believe that she was a pet at one point but her kittens are the wildest, scariest, most vicious kittens i have ever come across. they are feral x 1000 i have fostered 13 kittens in the past and though they may have been afraid at first, they quickly got over their fear as curiosity and playfulness inevitably took over. these guys are different, the first two kittens that i caught have been hiding in their hooded litter box since saturday. they will not come out. they are scared to death! i can't even clean the litter box because they are so scared. any suggestions as to how i can make them feel more comfortable and secure? help please!

they are so different from Little One, whom i have been fostering for over a month.. little one is a joy!!