View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Animal Lover

frhnshrn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice and help needed on FIP Disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayslin1 View Post
Hi Frhnshrn
Sorry to hear about your Hercules. Hope he is holding on and doing well. Our 9 month old darling boy, Joyluck was diagnosed with FIP today. I have had cats most of my life and did not know such a disease existed and now my hubbie and I are devastated. Our cats are vaccinated etc and are all kept indoors. We have 3 other adult cats and 2 kittens and now are worried sick they could be affected now or in the future too. The reason I am writing is to ask your kind help in providing the name and location of your vet. We went to 3 vets today and were advised to take the cat home. Very sad.. at least your vet is willing to provide treatment.
Thank you in advanced and hope Hercules improves every day..
Hai Tayslin1,

Thank you so much for your concern and wishes. I'm a cat owner previously as well and this is the my first time too in experiencing and dealing with this disease. I'm devastated and frustrated to be informed that this disease are not curable... Hercules are also vaccinated and an indoor cat, which made me quite shocked on why he can be infected with such disease...

My vet clinic which I consulted is Klinik Veterinar Mayo in Taipan USJ 10 (same row with Victoria Station) and the phone number is 03 5637 7126 / 03 5637 7026. Hope they will help you to get a clearer view on your Joyluck's condition.

By the way, one of my friend who is staying in the UK has helped me to consult with her vet there as she was informed on Hercules condition and she's a cat owner as well. The vet suggest that I should consult with my vet whether they can give him with booster immunization (not that sure whether it is for prevention against this disease or for the treatment). I will consult with my vet today as Hercules will be discharge this evening. I shall update to you if anything.

And a friend of mine had a cat with this disease before and previously she practicing on giving her cat 'clam' (kerang in bahasa) diet during the treatment, altho her cat did not survive but it actually help in stabilizing her cat conditions.

Anyhow, hope this reply will help you and others. I do pray that our cat can improve day by day with the help of meds and treatments, altho it is quite impossible but i do hope a miracle will come in helping them to survive this awful disease...