Thread: Avatar
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Avatar

New Movie Craze in Town : AVATAR

Watched AVATAR last week actually.. the 3D version ( tho I know, I shouldn't take the 3D one ).. the animation was superb. As I was with the glasses, it hurt my eyes out ( as tho my eyes were going to pop up as the veins of the eyes were heavily stressed out..I took off the glasses 3 times).. i do not know whether this would actually experienced by everyone but my other half did agreed with me as he told me the glasses are very different from the ones he wore in Signature, Mid Val the other day)

Okay..we drop the glasses issue.. we go back to AVATAR

graphic/animation : superb..but I was actually comparing the graphic with the one I saw in Hallmark Channel DINOTOPIA ( the movie which all the dinosaurs are actually speaking and singing)..It was kinda alike.. but then..

cinematography : one word..'marvellous!'

casts : cute.. ( tho without functional legs)

my emotion : I am the type who is easily touch and I was touched.. the human can be cruel....

messages : there is no turning back when the nature takes control..

the ending : I LURRVEEE the ending..

Synopsis/reviews by pro reviewers..

Incredible scope and spectacle, 16 December 2009

Author: NonSequitur_1 from Australia
A film with the scope of James Cameron's Avatar was always going to be a risk both artistically and financially, especially in today's economic climate. Whether it will pay off monetarily is a question only time can answer, but this viewer can at the very least attest to it being an artistic triumph.

Avatar brings us as close as cinema ever has to actually visiting an alien world. The beautiful environs, the exotic creatures and incredibly lifelike natives of Pandora arrest the senses, visually, aurally and emotionally. The world in Avatar is the true star of the show. The amount of detail and work that has gone into bringing this new world alive is seriously impressive, and it will be a while before we seen anything that overtakes it in scope and quality. WETA Workshop and ILM have truly outdone themselves.

Relative newcomer, Aussie Sam Worthington provides a solid human heart amongst all the science-fiction/fantasy beauty and Zoe Saldana gives an impressive performance as the 8 foot tall Na'vi, Neytiri. Even though the characters they both play are blue, giant, catlike aliens, they managed to evoke a chemistry and likability that pierces through the special effects.

That's not to say that everything is perfect. The story is basic and dare I say, clichéd and predictable. We have seen it plenty of times in all forms of media. The bad guys are cartoonishly evil, and sadly paper thin. The love story, while charming, is also clichéd despite being between man and alien. But in the face of these shortcomings, Avatar is a success because its storytelling lies in the brilliant visuals.

Avatar is a beautiful piece of film and a true event. It does exactly what cinema was always intended to - it takes us away from our problems and worries for a few hours and gives us memorable images which will undoubtedly and deservedly enter into the cultural lexicon to stay for the foreseeable future.

9.5/10

My say : Go and watch it!!!