View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kindle & e-Book Reader Review

Andy! I have to charge you for lifting my photo off my Facebook! "Fondling and harassing"?!?!

You're right I haven't read an ebook on the computer ever since the Kindle arrived 6 days ago. I'm helping to save so much electricity for the world by not turning on my computer so much these days. I found that I can actually go back to reading without any distraction, like in the old days when I was reading the print books. When I was reading on the computer, I'll have my email & facebook opened as well, so that was a bit of distraction.

I think the Kindle is great, better than iRiver or Hanlin, and other cap X brands which I've tested at Low Yat and Klang Parade. It does't tire the eyes out even after hours of reading. It's lighter than a book (or, in my case, 300 books!) and easy to carry around in my handbag.

The pages turn faster than the others. And only once, while totally absorbed in the book I was reading, did I forget and tried to turn the page like a real book. And also only once did I, after turning the page electronically, forget and look to the 'left page' to see the cover instead of a page. But those were times I was so engrossed in the book that I wouldn't have noticed if a war broke out in front of me. :)

And the speakers quality is not bad, either. I love that I could listen to music while I read all from the same device. :)

The browsing experience isn't that great, though. If I have to surf the net in a cybercafe, I'd rather use my mobile phone than the Kindle. It isn't easy to type a 'book'. It probably might be easier to type if I had removed the Kindle from its cover and held it like my mobile phone, but well, I didn't get the Kindle for browsing! :)