View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Government Vet Clinics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndiane View Post
Hi ladies and gents,

Need help with vets. I'm traveling to KL from KK (Sabah) to bring a puppy back (arriving 10 March morning, departing 11 March evening).

Please can anyone tell me which vet I can go to get a "Pet Passport" and "Health Certificate" for my puppy? I would prefer to go to a government clinic (or a private vet that has government accreditation) but since I only have 1 working day in KL, not sure if this can be processed and/or completed in just a few hours.

Around Subang/Shah Alam/Klang area prefered.

Many thanks!
Hi Lyndiane -- have you already been in touch with the Dept. of Veterinary Services in Sabah to get your import permit lined up? They can inform you what paperwork you'll need to bring the puppy into Sabah, and whether or not you'll be required to quarantine it once you arrive.

As far as I know, MAS is the only airline that can transport pets from West to East Malaysia.

Regarding the KL paperwork, the pet passport comes from DVS. I would suggest getting in touch with them to get the latest requirements on exporting a dog from KL to Sabah. http://www.dvs.gov.my/en/home

Please keep us posted on your progress and your experience, because many people are interested in shipping pets back and forth between Borneo & the peninsula, but the guidelines change often and are sometimes unclear. Your first-hand information may be of great help to others.

Also, what breed of puppy are you shipping? I ask only because nearly all airlines, including MAS, have now refused to transport any of the "flat-faced" breeds of dog or cat -- English bulldog, pug, shih tzu, boxer dogs or flat-faced Persian or exotic cats. :-(

Last edited by Maneki Neko; 02-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.