View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM
PetFinder Buddy

origin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Custom Made Animal Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
You are so dead wrong.

Dog need the horizontal space to run & to burn their energy since they can't jump up to height, where else cat had no problem with height. We are now living in a crowded world of limited horizontal space & cat had become the most popular pet in the world, the number pet in US. One can easily own a few cats in an apartment & the cats still have enough space to work out with the vertical space provided. You can put up tall cat tree or install few shelves on the wall & you can bet your last dollar they love the top position (you don't need to be a cat genius to know this).
You got me wrong...dead wrong..
All you mentioned about cats enjoys height (everybody knows that, right...) is what i meant when i said those enclosures pictured are wasting space vertically! Especially as shown on the 1st and 3rd picture as there's no way the cats can use the vertical space. Putting in 6"x6" hammock or cat tree doesn't really compensate the waste of space for 16 sq. feet of floor space.
Maybe my first explanation wasn't so clear (not everyone's a genius anyway..) but what i want to say is that it's better to have another 1 or 2 level of floor in the enclosure just like a 'double storey house have twice the floor area of a single storey house'.

These are example of cages that's using full use of it's vertical space :

Just think if this concept can be use to built enclosure instead, then put in some cat tree and hammock.