View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Animal Lover

cheeyeen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can A Muslim Have A Dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
no point arguing people.. i would say dog ownership is a personal issue no matter what religion you practice.. there are religious AND cultural issues to consider. ultimately, how an individual practices his or her religion is between them and God. it isn't anyone else's business.

like sashy said earlier, there are lots of forbidden things that people still do. the forbidden things that are "fun" are very rarely avoided, eg. drinking and premarital sex.. forbidden things that aren't tempting anyway are very easy to avoid. for example, i'm a christian, i don't gamble coz it bores me anyway, but its easy for me to say i don't gamble coz its against my religion.. get what i mean? on the other hand i love to drink and party.. i'm not going avoid that just coz my religion says so.. i'm not religious anyway. so i don't observe many christian rules. i just live my life as long as i don't hurt others. me being a bad christian doesn't affect the "good" christians anyway.. so who cares what they think?

in conclusion, (hahhahhaha so formal), muslims and dogs: if you wanna own a dog as a pet, up to you!!!! some people won't approve but so what? they're not perfect either. between you and god anyway. remember, "only god can judge me".

I love the way it's explained.
some people won't approve but so what? they're not perfect either. between you and god anyway. remember, "only god can judge me"
Remember, you'll go back to God when you leave your life, AND it's the God who judges you. Everyone is IMPERFECT except GOD. (every religion says something like that, right?)