View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Warning - Do NOT Feed These Foods to Your Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
i'm not sure about sweet potatoes but i think berries are fine for cats. they're for maintenance of urinary tract health and are a rich source of antioxidants..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
I am aware that a few cat food manufacturers use cranberry, known to be beneficial to urinary tract hygiene in humans but some others use methionine to maintain the urinary system at a slightly acidic pH of 6-6.5 together with a low ash and low magnesium formula.
So, what is what? The kibbles I'm feeding my cat contains, in order:

Salmon Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (Free from Chicken Protein and naturally preserved with Mixed Tocopherols - a source of Vitamin E), Whole Smoked Salmon, Dried Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, Dried Raspberries, Dehydrated Egg, Calcium Propionate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin E, Riboflavin(Vitamin B2), Niacin (Vitamin B3), D-Pantothenic Acid(Vitamin B5), Thiamine(Vitamin B1), Vitamin A, Pyridoxine(Vitamin B6), Biotin(Vitamin B7), Folic Acid(Vitamin B9), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Taurine, Glucosamine.