View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Maxmillian ("Max") and Chloe ("chewy")

hi all

yes max is cute and adorable and the reaction of those who saw him is "awww...can i carry him or can i pet him?" for he is carried by his fur-parent choong baby-style and he hangs on tight with his paws around choong's neck. that was my own reaction too when i ran into choong and max at the vet clinic recently.

max is really the owner of the apartment, choong his fur parent is just a "tenant" as he is away at work most of the time therefore the whole apartment is turned into max' apartment. you can see the towels and rugs thrown all over the sofas and such in the pics as these were taken during max' only child phase and he was so bored he "cabut" all his bulu from back of the thigh onward - you can see the balding patches in the pic above. his furparent was frantic with anxiety thinking that he had caught some sort of exotic bug or skin disease. the good vets at the brickfields clinic ran through all possible conditions and finally arrived at the conclusion that he was bored that he over-groomed himself.

that's when chloe entered max' life (and ah choong's life of course). right timing i guess, chloe showed up at my house with her mother and brother.

chloe was chosen as being female might help to reduce potential territorial fights later on as they both grow up but this means poor max happy go lucky days are numbered - he "retired" at the first opportunity.

we named her chloe but choong changed it to a beautiful mandarin name which means "autumn child". cantonese translation loosely is "chau yee" and of course english literal transliteration is "chewy". more on chewy later

max - i know i sound as if i'm bragging but i got it from choong : that max has never never ever given him any headache or worry (unless max fall sick which is seldom). from the moment choong took him back, he has been ever so well=behaved and obedient, he took to litter-box training immediately (although i've never trained him at all), listened to all his furparent's instruction on which part of the house he could or couldn't access, understand immediately that he is never ever to jump up to the window sill as it is dangerous (they stay at the 17th floor) to this day, max stay aways from all windows especially when the windows are opened, will never ever wander out of the front door without any permission from his furparent (although choong has never trained him in this), he will never enter a room without choong's permission (although again choong has never trained him in this), he is a lapcat from the beginning and he dotes on his furparent, and his furparent dotes on him.

oh did i mention that max is so well-behaved that from kitten onwards he doesn't mind being bathed and he allowed choong to put him into a pail of warm water and just stay put obediently throughout the whole process.

now if only i can locate chewy's photos, then i can share a bit anecdote about chewy (after getting udpates from choong of course).

in the meanwhile enjoy max pics..very good model cat, right?

Last edited by ashleywong; 08-21-2008 at 02:18 PM.