View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my cat's meowing sounds different today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana View Post
Oh no. it must be difficult. But I wonder where the source of the virus comes from? (have you started a thread on this matter? so I'll get a peek there). Errm.. in terms of vitamins... I have had them on suplements on and off, as I searched more I got more confused. Some say, if they're on premium food ordy, then there isn't a need for supplements as they may get overdose. But some goes for supplements, and thinks that overdosage is not an issue because any excess would be biologically eliminated anyway. Have you any views on this?
Oh yea? And how do they back up this line of logic to you? What do you think? What organs are involved in the "elimination"? Will they get overtaxed if overloaded especially for long periods of time? Have you heard about liver or kidney damage and failure? What about fat-soluble nutrients overdose? Aren't these held on in the fat tissue of the body instead of being eliminated? Did you read about the plant-derivative of vitamin A and why overdose is so dangerous? Nana, always understand the why, not just know the what so that you can analyse whether things are logical or not, kay? Tenggelam kucing nanti ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies