View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

nivek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sale of Animals on a Public Forum

Why should we love purebreds and mutts any differently? At the end of the day both are dogs. The only problem with our society is every time there is a dog gathering etc, everybody will bring their purebreeds with their head held so high that they can kiss the flying crow's backside flying over their head. So for those first timer who goes to one of these gatherings the first impression he/she gets is.."wtf!!!??? all purebreeds! I must get one to stay in the crowd!"

So the breeders will cash in on these "open targets" by supplying or rather over supplying a certain breed which is currently in high demand (remember the shih tzu explosion back then?)

However having said that, there are those breeders who breed to produce the next generation of purebreds that are even better than the last. Careful selection ensures the best quality offsprings one generation after another.

There are many owners out there with a wide variety of "taste", some are attached to a certain breed and there are those that will show no less love for an adopted mutt. For those who are serious about their breed, they would have done a lot of research and background finding on the breeder, the dog itself and its family tree. Of course there are those who buy on impulse and later find that what they have bought have grown too big.

At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with Petfinder having a for sale section as the final decision comes from the person buying/adopting the dog. Petfinder has gone the extra mile to provide an alternative and done a great job at that too which many other sites can only dream of achieving. Kudos to you guys

Finally, next time you go to a dog gathering, bring your mutt instead of the purebreed (I bring my mutt instead of the Rottie) and you will be the person shining as you will stand out from the rest in the most valiant way

P.S : I'm avoiding any roti canai from now on and I'm also an old man by the way