View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Animal Lover

Dreamhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it Ok if I buy TICA Cert for my Cat

[QUOTE=pedigreelover;87043]Interesting...perhaps this is what I should have done earlier. I believe buying a pedigree from him at pedigree price but not provided certificate should also be regarded as a misconduct & can be investigated by TICA right?
QUOTE]

Dear Pedigreelover,

I have to disappoint you. What you are writing is a so-called "Breeders-Dispute" and the TICA Board will not do anything against it. Do you have a written contract? This might be the only chance that something can be done.

This is one of the real important things - if you buy a purebred cat then everybody MUST ask for a written contract. The breeder must provide the pedigree of the cat (or at least a registration certificate from a recognized association as TICA or CFA). If you don't have this then I must tell you - as hard as it sounds, you didn't buy anything but a Household Pet!!! So you should neuter the cat in question (you can show it in TICA in the HHP class) and NEVER breed with this cat!!!

In my country pet shops are not allowed to sell kittens or puppies - this is strictly against the law!!! If you want to buy a purebred kitten then you should go to a breeder and give him the money only after all documents are handed out to you (like Vaccination Records, Health Certificate which is not older than 2 days, Pedigree/Registration Certificate). If someone cannot provide you with this then you better abstain from buying a cat!

Just my thoughts (although I am very aware of the fact that there are cultural differences between Malaysia and Austria).

Kind regards,

Kurt