View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Animal Lover

Chucky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ringworm Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Chucky, please forgive me -- I understand your question, but my BM is not good enough to reply. I hope you can understand my English.

My vet said kittens are too small -- cannot take anti-fungus capsules! This oral medication is very hard on the liver and kidneys. Use it only when shampoo and ointment/cream fail.

I also had a small kitten with very bad ringworm. 3 baths with Malaseb solved the problem. If you see fur growing back in the bare spots, the fungus is gone.

Please be very careful with the capsules -- not for kittens!

Best of luck to you and your cat...
Hi Maneki,
Thanks for your advice. My kitten is 3 months old. Yeah I was also aware that antifungal medication is hard on the kidneys. I asked the vet about it and she said that itraconazole is the safest to use with cats. But I'm sceptic and never started the medication . I think I will listen to your advise.
I bathed my kitten (Chucky) with Malaseb once and combed his hair to remove any dead fur and I can see some debris coming out with the fur too. The fungus beneath his below like one a bit already. But I will continue to bathe him with Malaseb for about one month and see how it gets.