View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Banned

Pawprints is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycott Cruel Restoran Aleef Caterers at TD129, TTDI Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
hi again everyone,
a friend of mine has left SPCA and is now working at klinik kembiri. she says they do TNR.. but its like this, WE trap, THEY neuter and release. any interest? i'll call her after work for more details.
Yes, TNR is definitely a great idea and as I mentioned, some of us are already doing this and releasing the animals back into the familiar area they are from instead of rehoming (which is already extremely full and also there are many fickle and irresponsible adopters who dump the animals later when they fall out of love with them).

However, SPCA must not forget to do the marketing and spreading the word to educate people far and wide not to trap these animals and destroy them, causing the streets to once again be populated with unneutered strays as fast as lightning!

Like in the TNR programs done overseas, these animals are protected and fed at feeding stations set up at specific places. The local authorities must cooperate on this as they are the biggest culprits in rounding up strays and destroying them and we will just be back to square one, with pockets all the lighter for nothing.