View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Tok Penghulu

Penghulu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CPU Not working - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
What??!! i-dola and i-jeanne comes without the hard disk??!! Oh my, I knew there must be a catch somewhere since it's so cheap, but I never imagined it to be without a hard disk! hahaha, this is so absurd........
Dont know wat eventually they want to sell...after you dismantle the whole thing it end up only the casing was made by them...
and I doubt they are giving the backup services by on their own too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
wah your pc on whole day one ar..then possible lightning.....strike
if you are on a lightning protector device - normally it is a device connected to your computer - then maybe it strikes that device - you need to get it replace..if it is not working - it zap straight your pc - your most expensive part of the CPU might get "goreng"
try opening the box - you might smell the burnt smell

but you said lightning arrestor on top of the roof hhmmm it wont help
it wont make a difference - unless your pc is next to it...
My PC also is running on 24/7...but if I m down stairs or at the room mostly i'll be using the lappy...
so I m on the home network of mine..on the internet I'll just use the wireless broadband setup and my printer are also on wireless setup..it doesnt matter is either my desktops or my lappy...
I have 3 desktops at home and 2 lappies...link to one home network...so if the lightning occurs you just shut down the router modem or just unplugged the telephone cable...so if you just happens to owned the arrester then it will help you...
so says you are struck by lightning then it will be only your router modem...
the rest where just working as normal but without internet connections unless after you replace it...

MJ