View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: CPU Not working - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Yes Ezer, my nephew advised the same thing when my almost 8-year-old monster dinasaur of a desktop fluttered and turned black and white recently. Its time is up. This was what he said, “A freshie will set you back $$$. If you want to keep the old goat, it is going to cost you a lot of trouble getting it fixed”.
EXACTLY! PCs aren't too expensive nowadays... and it'll be 1000s of times more powerful.

Quote:
Will definitely check out i-Jeanne and i-Dollah. They come without hard disks.
i-jeanne and i-dollah?

I say I-PODAH.

Like Penghulu said, just buy a nice clone from lowyat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
wah your pc on whole day one ar..then possible lightning.....strike
if you are on a lightning protector device - normally it is a device connected to your computer - then maybe it strikes that device - you need to get it replace..if it is not working - it zap straight your pc - your most expensive part of the CPU might get "goreng"
try opening the box - you might smell the burnt smell
Even if you have a voltage stabilizer (which acts to protect you from surges), a strong surge may still get thru. That's why when you're not using your pc, unplug it from the socket.

Quote:
but you said lightning arrestor on top of the roof hhmmm it wont help
it wont make a difference - unless your pc is next to it...
Here's the myth... Most ppl think that a lightning strike means striking your house. Althought that can happen, it rarely does. Lightning usually strike the telephone or electrical line miles away from your house, and that causes a huge surge that would arrive at your house in less seconds and fry your equipment.

In the US or some other developed countries, they hide a lot of their cables underground and that's why the don't have this problem.

Last edited by Ezer; 08-29-2008 at 06:57 PM.