View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Kuning back in action ...

From http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/updates.html

Friday, 05/06/09:
Kuning Back In Action

Got a call from the fish farm this morning that Kuning helped catch another dog last night. A yellow one. When I was halfway to the jetty, I got another call saying the latest dog escaped after biting through the cage. They don't make cages like they used to.

It happened before and also happened to some of the rescued dogs at the shelter. At the shelter, the escaped dogs just wandered back after getting hungry and tired. Hopefully, Kuning and Hitam will coax that yellow dog back.

I then went to the clinic to speak to the vet about the condition of the black dog sent in yesterday. The vet confirmed it is an old eye injury from at least a month ago. According to the doctor, the punctured cornea has already healed for some time and we can take her home after the jabs. Not sure if she has been named, but for the time being, will call her Olive after Popeye.

Meanwhile back at Furry Friends Farm, there's still a lot of work to be done. The rescued dogs are recuperating and many volunteers are devoting time and energy to help the traumatised dogs heal emotionally.

Updates and pic by TV Smith

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture 1: Olive (the black dog with the punctured cornea)
Picture 2: Shy Chantek (rescued on 9th May) with volunteer Phoenix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	olive.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	5783   Click image for larger version

Name:	chantek.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	5784  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies