View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Andy Koh

Quote:
Just because others have differing opinions from you does not mean that they are narrow-minded, or that they never took your points into consideration. In fact, I see that some of those people who spoke in favour of SPCA agree to valid counter-arguments, but on the contrary, you are getting defensive and rejecting everything that others say outright.

As I've said, SPCA definitely has rooms for improvement, but such pointless attacking here is not doing any good to them, their volunteers or you. Please feel free to continue your debates and warfare with other willing participants on MSN
With all due respect, since when was i defensive at all?? in all my posts... if YOU read them carefully... they all speak of almost the same thing... Which is regarding all the things that they could do but never do...

I haven't even began attacking and yet you already say that i am attacking...

I am rejecting what others say because no proof is given by them... everyone says SPCA has this awareness program and that awareness program, but as an animal lover like myself who knows how to use the internet and reads the papers, i repeat, i've NEVER EVER seen any advertisements about awareness programs... the only things i've seen all the time is this sale, that sale and this fundraiser and that fundraiser.... So how would the general public especially the non-animal lovers know if there is any awareness program?

Another thing. i've clearly stated my case why it is important to educate non-animal lovers/old people over and over again... and yet the only response i get from SPCA backers is they have awareness programs, school programs, etc .. nothing is said regarding programs for non-animal lovers..

And when it comes to the issue of money, from SPCA's website, HSBC sponsors around RM50k a year and there is this another comany that sponsors 5k monthly... these are the ones that are made known to the public... what about those individuals that donate? This is the fact that i have.. and i got this figure from the SPCA website. All counter-arguments does not have strong solid facts/evidence to back them up...

And as Furkid has pointed out, TNR is a very successful program overseas... yet there are some people here that asks him to redo the study.... my question again... why do we need to redo a study on TNR when it has been proven that it helps reduce the number of strays?

As you all can see... all my arguments are based on FACTS.... its a fact that they are not doing what they supposedly intended to do..... looks like SPCA is more NATO then i am...

'phom mai lu la, mai aw lu leaw... phom mai dee.... khun you nie dee... mai bien lai'

Last edited by khengteik; 03-20-2009 at 02:41 PM.