View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Khengteik, I doubt if we will have anything to shoot each other about since pleasantly, I have a forumer friend who understands the need to lighten the "slaves" (put your hands back down away from the gun, fellas, I borrow the expression from the book "Net Slaves" - I know this is a highly emotional term for the volunteers who are doing a good job on the ground and the "masters" at the top need to keep them that way and not think too brightly in case they start questioning the "masters" the way we are and stop the volunteer work to keep the numbers going).

The "masters" need to lighten the "slave" work by providing healthy abandoned and stray animals a chance to live amongst the community instead of culling (wrongly described as euthanising) them simply because they are not adoptable because they are less good looking or the fur not long enough and SPCA does not have the bottomless pocket or space to continue keeping them alive.
i don't care where you got the expression from, i think you need to stop referring to volunteers and rescuers like me as "slaves". what we do we do for animals, not for our "masters".

i don't like your tone. very condescending. you are clearly suffering from delusions of grandeur. you're very rude. its clear you think you are the only intelligent person in this forum.