View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Animal Lover

Kerry_27 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My cat is losing hair and has little scabs on his body

My 3 year old cat has also lost her hair and got scabs on her body. But hers started underneath her collar so i took her collar off and from then it just progressed. I recently moved house 6 months ago and from then on my cat has had this problem. I've took her to the vets and one vet said she had a flea allergy so i increased her being fleed to every 4 weeks than every 3-4 months it didn't get much better the scabs went but then her hair wasn't growing back. I took her to the vets again and another vet said it was a pollen allergy so then they gave her a steroid injection and some antibiotics again it got better but then after a few weeks she started to go downhill again. So took her back for the third time and they said she had a form of eczema so then gave her a different injection and some more antibiotics again improved but then got worse. I've also changed her food because looking on the net saying it could be a food allergy. and she is improving but her scabs don't seem to be clearing up. And in the last week my other cat has also just started getting the same symptoms not as bad though. So i'm just stuck for ideas now on what it could be i've been told a number of different things from the vets and they've all told me different so i don't know whether to go to a completely different vets and try them or is it time to get rid of them because these vet bills are not cheap and i'm a young mum with a 7 month old child. So i would love if someone just gave me some advice on what i could do i would really appriciate it so much i would just like my long hair beautiful cats back again !!.