View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Gosh! You know what, maybe I'm older than 75 then? Because my original set of false dentures have decayed away already and my mouth is far too prune to take another pair! Let alone anyone else's! This now makes me very happy to be at least 105 years old!!

The Norwegian version is nice, but the costumes and stage are more extravagant in the London version, as I remember anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
75?? Oh no, you musn't skip at your age....we can't have you breaking a bone or two, can we? now, now, sit down, and have a drink and bite. Forgot to bring your dentures? never mind, let me lend you mine. *opening mouth wide and removing dentures*

hehe, I think the Norwegian stage set is rather nice. And the cast is not bad, too.

You can't embed the code because it has been disabled by the user who posted it.
You know, what caught my attention was how the judges were really ripping into her before she sang, albeit in a very subtle understated way, check especially their expressions, especially those of Piers Morgan and Simon, and Simon's "Wow" tone and expression when she wiggles her hips!

To top that, the shear sarcasm in Simon's voice when he says "It's a big song" to her when she tells him that she wants to sing "I dreamed a dream" and note again how Piers Morgan reacts to this with a snigger and laugh and a smile of an expression behind which says "Yeah, I know that, you know that, but does she know that, who is this person anyway, just look at her, she doesn't really look like a person to have any talent what so ever..."

I really think they would find it hard to react in all those subtle tell, tail ways if they already knew what she could do before hand....

Having said that I think Ant and Dec knew before hand, I really liked Ant's or is it Dec's (the blonde one anyway) dignified reaction when she first sang and the camera cut to them, he simply looks into the camera and closes his eyes and opens them again with a slight nod of the head, full of genuine warmth... out of all the reactions, I think his was the best, and really heart felt...

Gosh! How could I type so much on the judges reactions! Any way's...

Here's to singing.... "Do you hear the people sing.." at full volume to give me goosebumps all over! Embedded version below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
WOW! Yes... i saw this on youtube.. it gave me a chill as she started singing.. just awesome!!

But you know what? I am pretty sure Simon's reactions and the other's reactions were all planned out... they had to know she can sing as she has already auditioned before hand...

And later they did the same reaction with a boy..

Last edited by Simon; 04-21-2009 at 10:45 PM.