View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

this letter may have been an opened letter written to and for the consumption of the public - which public whether it is in the USA or MSIA, it doesn't matter because it speaks the truth.

i can truly identify with the descriptions in the letter even though i have not worked at SPCA nor have i volunteered at SPCA. i've been to SPCA and i saw the sad conditions at SPCA, the lack of space, the lack of resource be it human or financial or anything else that matters.

the source of the problem is not the animals but us - those who think they love animal and is willing to show this "love" by buying an animal as a pet but is not willing to do what it takes to provide a loving home, safe shelter/environment and good health and nutrition to their companion animal because to them it is just a means to sastify their "ego" and in end dumping the animals on the streets or at the animal shelters (be it with kill or no-kill policies)

the source of the problem is not the animals but us - those of us what are only into making a profit and who thinks animals are merely the means to profit they think animals are merely inanimate objects mean for trade. the ends justify the means - they don't think that the animal is a sentient being that have emotions and feelings and have just needs and wants (be it physical or emotional) that have to be taken care off for well being.

the source of the problem is not the animals but us - those of us who are still ignorant or self-centered or self-absorbed and refuse to do the right thing by the homeless animals - be it to render actual help through fostering or rescuing and rehoming homeless animals and/or sponsoring or getting either own pets and/or ainmals at shelters or homeless animals .

the source of the problem is not the animals but us - those of us that are so self-absorbed and so self-centered they can't see beyond themselves. period.

the source of the problem is not the animals but us - those of us who think that "there's always that some stupid or naive who can help the animals - let them do it - it has nothing to do with us - joe someone or ms somebody is already helping out - they don't need us...

the source of the problem is not the animals nor the animal shelters but us - us human beings so think we are deserving of compassion and understanding and love and happiness but do not think any any beings whether lesser or greater than us, deserve the same.

i do agree with the realities mentioned in the letter : all of us should volunteer at an animal shelter for a week - just volunteer your time and if at the end of the week, you still think the problem is the animals and the animal shelter and doesn't concern you, i 've nothing more to say.

there has to be more than enough loving homes for the animals at the shelter, the number of animals at the shelter cannot be more than and cannot exceed the number of msian citizens in the klang valley alone.

be true - be fair - be objective, think bout the situation at the animal shelters, the situation that brought about homeless animals in the first place (be it abandonment, non-sterilisation/spaying/neutering, greed of people by breeding and breeding more animals to be sold for profit) - what does it really about us as a society and as a human being?

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Ghandi

I'd say the greatness of a person and his/her moral progress can be judged by the way he or she treat an animal for it is the person that makes up the society and form the future of the society by the virtues/social norms/behaviours/values that it passes through the children.

for those who are truly doing more than their best for the homeless animals, i salute you

for those of you who think that it is someone's responsibility and non-of your business - it is really so?