View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Hi my friends (those of you who are against BYB and shops that support byb by selling livestock - cats, dogs).

i was surprised to stumble upon this particular thread - finally this subject has been brought to light and at petfinder.my no less.

i have stopped buying from pet supplies stores (i'll call them that for that's what they are - selling pet supplies) that also sell livestocks (e.g. cats, dogs, etc). i know that to even give them 1 sen of my business would means supporting the BYB industry.

i wonder if talking about this at this forum is adequate or all ye bloggers out there also need to take up the battle at your own blogs.

i have wondered at the effectiveness of using this forum (www.petfinder.my) to raise awareness of such important issues as this when this very forum (www.petfinder.my) is promoting the byb industry by allowing them to post and promote their trades here.

i have faith in all your support and dedication to this important cause just doubtful about the appropriateness of this forum as a platform to spread the message.

i had a run-in with a byb and i wrote it here and also vociferously stated my stand against byb why i think they should be banned, etc and i was castigated by not only that byb but by her friends and supporters who have populated this forum down right to the people who purported to "patrol" this forum to ensure a minimum decency of opinion is maintained.

by all means, spread the message, i fully agree with you here. also byb need not rely solely on selling livestock to make a living, when times are lean, they may also resort to other "side-incomes" such as grooming, pet-sitting/boarding, etc.

my thought :

1. boycotting pet supplies stores that also sells livestock cos they support the byb industry (just like all of you have voiced out here)

aside from the above:

2. disclose, tell all, share your experience if have any run-ins with byb ...create awareness, you may think that "aiya, no need to create trouble lah, just don't want to talk to her /him will do"...so that people are aware who are the byb: i mean i'm sure the byb won't mind - why should you mind being exposed for being byb? you're a byb - you dare to be a byb, then dare to own up to it! and if your post is stopped by forum administrators/moderators, then you know the truth....

3. if you know a byb is also providing other services related to pets, boycot that, in short have nothing to do with them, and spread the words to your friends and acquantainces.

4. MAKE YOUR $$$ COUNTS AND MAKE YOUR $$$ SPEAKS FOR YOU

5. spread the message that WHEN THE BUYING/SELLING STOPS, SO WILL THE SUFFERING AND PERPETUATING OF THE CYCLE OF SUFFERING!

just my two cents