View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What sort of cat food to feed your cat/kitten?

Hi adamyala

oh, i'm embarassed already. pls don't call it a sacrifice. it is not actually. i just feel strongly that our cats (or other pets) deserved to have a good healthy life with lots of love and care that's possible through proper food (includind appropriate ingredient) and good veterinary care. the initial cost may seem high but trust me, over long run, the cost is lower because your 1) vet bill is lower 2) you are less worried 3) your pet is healthy 4) both of you have a quality time together (2 - 4 are priceless - you can't put a price on this).

here's the information which i extracted from www.naturalbalanceinc.com

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance® L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets™ Green Pea & Duck Dry Food is our New Grain-Free Formula made specifically for cats and kittens prone to allergies based on a single source of animal protein that most cats have not been exposed to, and a single source of carbohydrate not commonly found in cat foods, along with effective natural ingredients to help rebuild your cat's immune system. Complete and Balanced for All Life Stages, from Kittens through Adulthood.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance® L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets™ Green Pea & Duck Formula for Cats is a proven formula for cats and kittens with allergies based on our unique single source protein and single source carbohydrate blend.

Some cats and even kittens may be highly sensitive to commonly used proteins, carbohydrates and food additives in their diet. Allergic reactions can lead to irritable bowel, upset stomach, and a number of skin problems. Natural Balance® has created L.I.D.Limited Ingredient Diets™ Green Pea & Duck Formula for cats with these food allergies. Along with our L.I.D.Limited Ingredient Diets™ Duck & Green Pea Canned Formula, cats with allergies can now have a complete allergen-free diet!

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance® L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets™ Green Pea & Duck Formula for Cats is made with:

• Green Peas: A premium quality carbohydrate, rich in potassium and a highly digestible energy source

• Fresh Duck: A premium quality protein source not commonly used in pet foods

• Taurine Fortified Natural Balance® adds additional taurine to help in maintaining normal heart function and retinal structure (good vision)

• Canola Oil Low in saturated fat and high in monounsaturated fat. Excellent Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acid profile

• Flaxseed An excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids

• High Digestibility

• Grain Free

INGREDIENT LISTING

Peas, Duck Meal, Duck, Canola Oil, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Methionine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein 30.0% minimum
Crude Fat 12.0% minimum
Crude Fiber 4.0% maximum
Moisture 10.0% maximum
Magnesium 0.1% maximum
Taurine 0.16% minimum
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* 0.4% minimum
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* 2.6% minimum
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profile.

Dick Van Patten’s Natural Balance® L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets™ Green Pea & Duck Formula is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO cat food nutrient profiles for all life stages.

Natural Balance® L.I.D.™ Green Pea Duck Formula for Cats comes in 3 lb, 5 lb and 10 lb Bags
PRODUCT INFORMATION

right now only the 3lb bag is imported into malaysia. i'm buying this for my anna. it's is indeed heartening to see her blooming everyday.

pls go to the website for more information. :-)

best of luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NB_Cat_bag_GPDuck_Group.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	956  
Attached Images