View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kindle & e-Book Reader Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelleve View Post
Hey guys!

My Kindle's arriving soon. I got the M-edge cover with jacket which looked like this but I really prefer red or pink which is out of stock.
If she comes without it then I settle with black color.
Attachment 10691Attachment 10692Attachment 10693Attachment 10694
Hi, Eve!

I ordered this same cover but in purple. As I said before, it's not as elegant as Andy's or Charlene's leather covers, but I like that a) it's nylon and possibly somewhat waterproof on days when I forget my umbrella, and b) it zips entirely shut, protecting the Kindle from blowing clouds of cat fur and sharp objects in my handbag.

I had to laugh when I read that you wanted it in pink. A book-worm friend and I always used to roll our eyes and shake our heads -- it seems we read nothing but depressing literature. We always say to each other, "Really, the very next book I read will have a pink cover!" All the chick-lit -- you know, the books in which the girl always gets her man and the credit card has no limit -- seems to have pink covers. The next time we'd meet for coffee, she'd be reading something about WWII internment camps and I'd be reading about genocide. So much for chick-lit.

I looked at my Kindle cover and wondered, what was I thinking?!? If I'd ordered either the M-Edge or leather cover in HOT PINK, every book I read would have a pink cover. When/if this cover wears out, I'll replace it with something bright pink to disguise all my dreary books. :-)

I'm really enjoying reading on the Kindle. I hope yours arrives soon!