View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pet shops and traders - cash crop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comyncats View Post
I am absolutely disgusted (as ever!) with some of the ads I've just seen but this time, on this forum - cats and kittens advertised as 'breeds' to which they bear no resemblance; some seemingly very unhealthy - and offered at prices which should purchase a healthy kitten from a legitimate, SMALL breeder. It's not the fault of this forum, but can't the culture of 'cat farms' somehow be diminished?

One which particularly horrified me was the cat 'fosterer' advertising all sorts of kittens for sale and preferring to 'foster' youngsters.

On Monday afternoon in KL, I quickly stepped into a pet shop in Chinatown where I saw a variety of kittens of alleged breeds cooped up in small cages, many in what I consider to be bad (unhealthy) condition, various with fungal lesions and many with skeletal faults of the head. WHO is supplying these?

Cats aren't a commodity like a vacuum cleaner - at least, in my view. And I know there are many true cat lovers in Malaysia, but how can those who rub two cats together to produce a cash crop be stopped??????????????????
Hi Lesley,

This is definitely not getting any easier & it is truly an up hill struggle. To make matter worse we have cat clubs with their president & committee who are the very BYB in this country. How can these cat farms culture diminish when you had these very ppl representing the cat fancy & mentoring their members to continue this culture.

If you think the condition of the kittens in Chinatown pet shop is bad, then you shud visit Ismail (president of MCFA) pet shop & tell me if it is any better.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA