View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Animal Lover

lienyee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vet List In Malaysia

I have a little Shih Tzu which one of his eyes turn white last Monday. I am so shock when I return home from work to see his situation. So I googled for any vet available because all vet usually open until 7pm in Klang area.

I found this website, Pet Finder with the list given. We found this:

Alam Megah Vet Clinic
Lot 1, Jalan 28/36, Shah Alam
Tel:03-51034203
Vet: Dr. J. Famy
Open until 11pm everyday. By Appointment Only.

I brought my dog there for check up. We couldn't find the shop until the Vet arrived and bring us in. I notice the place is not a shop lots, is somehow a Dewan Serbaguna which consist of few small rooms at the side and worst of all the banner is only as big as A3 size paper.

He then check and gave injection to my puppy, he was crying in pain that he is so mad at my brother because he was the one who carry him during the injection. A day later, he got a high fever and he does not jump up and down as usual. He was sitting at a spot for at least 10 minutes and walk to another spot and stop for 10 minute without moving. He will even bite us and cried when we carry him up. We called the doctor, Dr Famy (Alam Megah Vet Clinic) to check if is normal and he told us YES. We were so worried that my brother have to take emergency leave to drive him to another vet nearby Berkerley (Yap Animal Clinic & Surgery). P/S: he is very talkative when it comes to animal care. I think he really likes animal a lot that he keeps commenting about us they way we care bout dogs and the price is consider reasonable and cheap in Klang area. He introduce us few vet which is good and can be trusted (Gasing & Dr. Thomas Bkt Tinggi)

Yap Animal Clinic & Surgery
113, Off Jalan Batu Tiga,
Kawasan 16,
Berkeley Town Centre,
41300, Klang
+60 3-3341 7255

He told us that the vet that we visit may not have a certificate/ license. They should have make some blood test before determine the dogs condition if they able to take the injection. We were so worried that we stop all the medication that Dr. Famy (Alam Megah Vet Clinic) given. My puppy was so angry that he does not want to eat anything at all. I have to stuck the food into his mouth only he chew.

He gets better after 3 days and able to jump and walk again. I, then notice that he was licking at his wound (injection) area and realize is actually swelling. we thought it could be a symptom after the injection but it turns out worst, the pus pops out from the swelling area.

We immediately bring him to Gasing Veterinary Hospital for treatment. Because is Sunday @ afternoon, we have to let him stay 1 night for treatment to remove the pus out from the area. It cost us about RM 300++. Thank God he is okay now and happy jumping here and there.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-30-2014 at 09:02 PM.