View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 02:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What sort of cat food to feed your cat/kitten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi adamyala

yes you can. sometimes they're used to eating a certain type of food because the smell is attractive. yes, you can mix a bit of their favourite food with the kibble, that's the usual method suggested by manufacturer when introducing new food. since you're mixing canned food with dry kibble, this is what you can try. my sis tried this with our anna and it worked beautifully.

place the amount you need to feed adam into a container, the smaller the better (for ease of mixing afterwards). spoon the amount of natural balance canned food you need to mix it in - use your own judgement.

if the natural balance food is slightly "chunky" in texture, pls mash this down with a spoon until you get a "lumat" texture and you can start to mix it with the kibbles in that small container. this is where a small container makes it easier to mix it around. do it until you're sure that the canned food is properly mixed up with all the kibbles and not just coated around some kibbles. this way the cat will eat all kibbles and not just select those with most canned food smeared on it.

you can do this over a several days but with decreasing amount of canned food used.

for our anna, because in the interim we fed her fish chunk (supplemented by multi-vits), we have to try this method over 2 weeks period - now she eats the kibbles on its own without any other food mixed it.

hope this works :-)
Hi ashley,

cant wait to tell you adam has been eating the allergy formula without any complaints for two consecutive days, 2 meals a day. I mixed the kibbles with canfood and I dont need to pound it until 'lumat'. I think he enjoys the canfood flavoured kibbles and he likes it chunky and crunchy.

His poo is starting to get a little 'formed' and I hope it will get better everyday.

I will update you on adams condition after hariraya holidays

Thanks ashley and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and sweet anna.

Last edited by adamyala; 09-29-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typo