View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Well said, Felix and Lupie!!

Felix, thank you for speaking out for the voiceless animals.

People don't seem to understand what the pets' life is like in a BYB home or kitten mill. I am shocked. I know I was ignorant before, never knew what it's all about, but once the animal rescuers and animal lovers raised this subject, I did my own research, taking the trouble to open my eyes and look around, and finally understood what BYB or kitten mill is really about.

Guys, please have a heart for the voiceless animals.

Lupie, thanks for highlighting the case of those "homeless children" syndicates. There's another syndicate, too --- using old women & men. You might catch them being dropped off by Mercedes at coffeeshops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who bought a cat from BYB that is healthy. What about others who bought sickly cats from BYB but have not come forward? I know for a fact that one of the forumers did buy a cat from a BYB and that cat died because of illness. And what did the BYB do? He just 'CUCI TANGAN'. Not all cats from BYB will be healthy as I said like you could be one of the lucky ones. E.g. Factory manufactoring goods.... maybe 1 out of the hundreds of items produced is faulty so its exactly the same like BYB. We don't know what sort of dieseases that the parents have or carry and it could be hedietary passed on to their kittens.

Memang betul apa you kata.... jaga kucing tu bukan sebab nak dan comel atau nak sebab jiran atau kawan pun ada. Lepas tak comel atau bunting terus buang. Having a pet is a life time commitment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
In KL there are syndicates that make fortune out of homeless children (sometimes abuse them, beat them up to look pitiful).

Now tell me, what did you do when you saw the little girl being turned away? Did you try to approach and find out more about her life, family members? OR, did you just simply walk away and ignore it all?

Well, if you did, you are just like the man with the cat.

If you handed her some Ringgits without knowing her story, you could be supporting a despicable syndicate.
(Just like buying a pet from a BYB ..)

Last edited by blackie007; 06-11-2009 at 08:36 PM.