View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smart heart ok tak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelleve View Post
I will be renting out near Midvalley soon.

Hope to see you all soon.
Hi, Eve! Does this mean you're shifting to KL? By all means, let me know when you're here. We should at least meet for coffee.

I'm not a veterinarian, but like so many other cat owners (Vee20 wrote a lovely long post in another thread), I've been reading about various cat foods. I've avoided foods with maize/corn for a long time, and I've lately decided that other grains and soy are just non-nutritive filler for cats, too. Lately, I'm reading and hearing much more discussion about foods with high grain content being connected to feline kidney failure.

I've read with great interest the arguments for a raw diet, but the bottom line for me is that I have to travel quite a bit. I have wonderful friends who come in to tend my cats when I'm away, but asking them to prepare raw food is more than I can do. The best compromise I can think of is top-quality biscuit and canned food.

My cat-sitting friends feed their cat Orijen. I have bought Addiction and Natural Balance in the past, and I think they are all 3 great foods. I've been buying the Feline Caviar lately because it seems to be of equally good quality at nearly half the price. I'll probably splurge and buy them a bag of Addiction from time to time -- they like the change, and it's good to mix things up a bit. I'm happy that none of these foods contain corn, soy or grains, artificial preservatives or colour, animal by-products, etc. And, as Marissa pointed out (maybe the most important point) -- the cats LOVE the stuff!