View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. the iPad: Compare For Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post

5) There is a limitless resource of e-books online that you can download and transfer over to your e-book reader, and for Kindle you can also purchase directly from the Amazon store integrated into your Kindle.

If you do intend to buy one, I'd still suggest Kindle - it's by far the best and most intuitive one I've seen, but the drawback is the slight hassle in getting it over from US. It's also the top selling item and most wished for item on Amazon.
Andy, wow! Thank you for the wealth of information. From what you've said, the Kindle is definitely the best e-book reader at the best price.

I dislike Amazon.com intensely because of their refusal to sell 2nd-hand print books, music, or any audio books to Malaysia. Amazon purchased Audible.com, and they've now extended their odious policies to that company, too. Ugh!

Because my credit card has a Malaysian billing address, Amazon will not sell to me. It's so maddening. I would happily pay for electronic media, but they refuse to sell it to me on the grounds that Malaysia is a hot-bed of piracy. So what am I to do? Turn to the pirates?

You say you're able to buy ebooks directly from Amazon; are you doing this with a Malaysian credit card, or do you have a card with an overseas address?

Still, the Kindle does seem to have the most features at the best price. I suppose I could talk to some friends in the US or UK to figure out how I might get one. I don't suppose they could send it via post? I imagine it would get snaggled up in customs. I guess I'll keep my ears open for friends who might be traveling to the UK.

Anyway, thanks again for giving such an in-depth review.

P. S. I just found one way of getting around the Malaysian credit card obstacle. It seems absurdly convoluted, but it sounds like it should work. I just need to buy myself a lot of Amazon gift cards...
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1053076

Last edited by Maneki Neko; 12-26-2010 at 05:52 PM.