View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Animal Lover

vivegbalboa is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: My new little RES need helps....

Hi Cyap,

At last your here.. huhu.... no, i haven't receive any reply from you.. that why i was looking for .....

Yes, he died.. not sure why.. might because of the fungus or water.. i have no idea....

Hey, your RES looks so cute..... they look very big in just 3 years old...

yeah, now having the 2 new RES hatchlings.. their size are as 50 cent coins.. i place them fully outdoor.. and cleans their aquarium.. one day once.... yes same as you doing, i will brush and clean my aquarium and the turtle docks and wood..

yeah, me too.. even as i know u can used fully boiled water (warm water) for them too.. The PetsSmart person advice me that.. and its works.. and doesn't need to apply Anti-Chlorine. The boiled water will kill the chlorine as well.. My aquarium not that big, so, its not takes much water.. so, i kept a separate jug of boiled warm water for my RES.. hehehe.... but as u told, the organic way is the best too.. will try it once i got a pail with cover lid..

But so far as i monitor them, they are active but they a bit scared if someone walk near to their aquarium.. even my self.... they will jump into the water and hide their self under the dock.. even when i feed them.. but they will eat too.. is it because of i place them all the time at outdoor? a bit hard to understand their attitude.. hehehe.... any advice on this?

Oh, your custom aquarium is 5'x2' ? quite big too.. how much it cost you? ohh.. they bite each other? ohh.. its better you separate them by partition in the aquarium... hmm.. yeah, in Petsmart shop, they don't have the UVB light for reptiles.. they only have for fishes and plants.. i suggest you this shop at Old Klang Road, behind Pearl International Hotel.. they are legal reptiles pet dealers and they have lot type of repltiles in their shop. i went there on christmas.. and they do sell the UVB light and Basking lights for reasonable price.. as i checked, they sell more cheap than other shop that i found too.. you may purchase the Turtle UVB light ( brand:Exxo Terra) and a nice basking light for the heat... you just refer to them and they will advice you..
Reptiles Planet & Pet Studio (behind Pearl International Hotel) Old Klang Road.
Kompleks Bandar, 34, Jalan Mega Mendung, 58200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone:+60 12-331 6097
Hours: Open today · 9:00 am – 7:00 pm

yeah, there is other shop too inside the Scott Garden Complex(Old Klang Road), Nilofar Petshop.. they sells reptiles product too but a bit expensive.. i suggest you the Reptiles Planet & Pet Studio (behind Pearl International Hotel) Old Klang Road.. and they sells many types of turtle/terrapins/tortoise too.. you will get exited if you go there... huhuhu..

check out the lights that you can purchase in the attachment.. k..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	12207   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	450
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	12208  

Last edited by vivegbalboa; 12-28-2014 at 01:54 PM.