View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

Well said T.ruth I agreed 100% on what you had posted. Simple but straight to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
i hope it's not a case of out of the frying into the fire for the dogs rescued by spca. before anyone wants to bombard me for saying that, THINK. spca is well-known for putting animals down, except for pedigrees for which they can get lots of money. mostly, it's mongrels that are put down. if i understood correctly, one of the reasons for freely putting down is space constraints. so, what would happen if spca manages to catch more of these pulau ketam dogs. wouldn't there be more space problems or did they suddenly have a case of conscience attacks since FFF is getting all the commendations and support for the good work that it is doing?

FFF is a no-kill shelter, even if it 'kills' the founder to take care of the animals, whereas spca has an army of volunteers and big funds. i'm not picking any fight with any supporters, be it spca or FFF. i think events speak for themselves - who are those truly interested in helping animals and who wants glory.

another point that i want to bring up. it's very heartening to note the condemnation of the action by pulau ketam residents and the supporters of rescue mission. what i want to highlight is at the end of the day when this issue dies down, who actually are willing to adopt these dogs. i run a petshop and everyday i get people who come in asking to buy pedigrees. in the forums that i participate, i see many dog owners with pedigrees. now, don't get me wrong. i've nothing against pedigree owners. but when it comes to the crunch, how many will opt to adopt mongrels.

i personally know someone who will literally 'run' to rescue pedigrees that are about to be put down at an animal shelter, but when it comes to mongrels, there is silence. and this person claims to be an animal rescuer on one of the forums.