View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Animal Lover

Snowflake is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pulau Ketam & MPK Klang Dump Dogs in Uninhabited Island

[QUOTE
Please take my 3 bag dog food donate to Ms.Sabrina, if you able take from me, tomorrow sunday I at International Dalat school. you can meet me there. Time 8am to 10am[/QUOTE]

Hey, 'dog is my buddy', I live around at Tg. Bgh. area too.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it tmrw, Sunday, as we will leaving as early as 6 am to reach FFF earlier as it a one-day trip, down and back for us. But I will more than happy to pick the things up after I get back and transport them down to FFF the next trip.

Just let me know when, yea.

Quote:
another point that i want to bring up. it's very heartening to note the condemnation of the action by pulau ketam residents and the supporters of rescue mission. what i want to highlight is at the end of the day when this issue dies down, who actually are willing to adopt these dogs. i run a petshop and everyday i get people who come in asking to buy pedigrees. in the forums that i participate, i see many dog owners with pedigrees. now, don't get me wrong. i've nothing against pedigree owners. but when it comes to the crunch, how many will opt to adopt mongrels.

i personally know someone who will literally 'run' to rescue pedigrees that are about to be put down at an animal shelter, but when it comes to mongrels, there is silence. and this person claims to be an animal rescuer on one of the forums.
This is so very true. I myself needed to place 5 out of 6 of my dogs that were strays which my late mother took care of, at FFF with the kindness of Ms. Sabrina, which I cannot repay. There are heartless people dumping pedigree ones when the move away. When people are already dumping these pedigree dogs, what is fate of mongrels ? I say as a testament that Ms. Sabrina doesn't care whether the dogs are pedigree or not. She does take good care of them and it is very heart-warming to see her dedication to the strays. She has saved so many strays and I have personally seen the dogs and they do make remarkable progress.

As it is noted that SPCA does states very clearly and well that they will put collected dogs to sleep due to lack of space. So, not much can be done about their policy. But SPCA's spay/neuter program should be given some credit as they do charge a very nominal fee for the procedures.