View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Andy's post:
It is always easy for you to criticize someone or some organization. Just like everyone who loves to complain about their jobs and bosses. BUT, put yourself into your boss' shoes, and you will see a whole different picture. There are many opposing forces, competing priorities, legal restraints and dozens of other issues to be considered when actions are to be taken, and red tape is bound to arise in organizations.

KhengTeik's response:
Been there, done that... That is why I stop to put myself in SPCA's shoes... Every time i do that, I think of more and more and more issues why SPCA is not doing what it is supposed to do.... Like I mentioned before and again and again, SPCA is supposed to prevent cruelty... Why cant people put it in their gd dmn thick head?

Yes, Andy, in management, we are taught that the boss is not paid to complain about problems ... he is paid to solve problems. That is why the CEO is identified as the Senior Responsible Officer for projects and he is accountable and cannot push the blame to any of his staff.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies