View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tonite TV3 360 9pm - KL Mayor's Explanation @ DBKL Dog Pound Issue

You know, Lynie, I wanted to slap the smile off the mayor's face last night. That smile was so irritating at an inappropriate time for such a serious issue.

Yes, I saw the dogs with collars. Some of them are pedigrees.

He sees it as a publicity stunt for himself....using all the politically correct garbage that does not promise anything. He must have watched the series Yes, Prime Minister in UK. He sounds like he's a student of Sir Humphrey.

And.....Malaysia is a first class infrastructure society BUT THIRD CLASS WORLD MENTALITY!!!!

Well, what can we do? There's no such thing as a people power. It's the politicians who hold the power. Look at Perak, for example. The people of Perak wanted the opposition to govern them. And guess what happened? Just by a mere defection of 3 members to BN, and now, Perak is governed by BN again.

That's not democratic. They should hold another election for the Perak people to decide who they want. NO. They have no say. Democracy is long dead in this country.

Unless those of us here have high-powered friends who have the ear of the top guns, we can rant and rave to no avail. Then again, when has the lower levels of government ever listened to the top guns in the government? If you look around you, you'll see the government issues certain instructions or law, and the lower levels do the opposite.

The only thing I can see might create some pressure for the mayor & his workers is if we bring international eyes onto this issue. Report it to CNN, for example. Malaysia does not like to look bad on the international front. Other than that, I don't see how we can be effective. We're just tofu banging against a huge rock.