View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. the iPad: Compare For Yourself

Hahaha... Amazon should certainly consider giving me some award (i.e. lifetime supply of Kindles)!

Don't worry, this volunteer salesman hasn't diversified into other merchandize yet.. right now, I'm contented at just brainwashing people on Kindles and most importantly, pet adoptions haha!

Actually you can already sort of try out the PDF conversion's effectiveness, since you have a Blueberry mobile that can read e-books. You can convert PDF to MOBI or most likely EPUB which is supported by your mobile e-reader, and see how it fares.

In the event that some PDFs' text lines are incorrectly broken into multiple new lines when converted in Calibre, you can go to Preferences->Conversion->Input Options->PDF Input and tweak the "Line Un-wrapping Factor" value, I usually set it to something like 0.6 or 0.7. That would make Calibre have a higher tolerance for line formatting issues in the original PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I'll bet! You're even trying to help me overcome my reservations about viewing the PDF format! :)

Ok, I'll try to use the Caliber to convert the PDF files into MOBI format and see how it works....thank goodness you're not a salesman in a boutique. I'd probably end up buying every piece of clothing in the store! :)