View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Animal Lover

Anna12 is on a distinguished road
Default Orijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee20 View Post
I think your kitten will do fine with the switch I have a cat (Checkers) who used to have a sensitive tummy as a kitten, and I was like many others, deluded into thinking high price=quality. Many trips were made to the vet but we still couldn't cure his bouts of diarrhea.

My cats were all on Blackwood at the time. The others (adults) seemed okay, but over a period of 6 months, I noticed a steady increase in 'chuck-ups' @ vomiting, not just in one but three of my cats. I was absolutely paranoid I stopped feeding the brand immediately. I spoke to my vet after and naturally, he recommended a switch to the 'high-quality' Royal Canin. According to him, the kibbles were proven to be highly digestible. For the price, I figured it would be better.

Alas, months went by, there were no more 'chuck-ups' but my cats were putting on too much weight, they got sluggish over time and the diarrhea problem did not stop for Checkers!

That was when I went online and did tons of research online, and found out about the many issues related to feeding cats any form of corn, wheat, by-product, grain food etc. Scanned through so many reviews on holistic cat-food brands and finally came across the brilliant Orijen. It was luckily, conveniently available where I stay, I decided to give it a try. And the result was well worth all the trouble!

Checkers had NO more diarrhea, there was no more vomiting in the household, my cats lost significant weight WHILE developing lean muscle. Today (it's been over a year), they're very active and best of all, ENJOY feeding time they look forward to their Orijen kibbles day and night!

Orijen makes kibbles packed with meat-proteins (try carrying the bag for a rough idea of how heavy the kibbles really are), thus they eat-less, it's actually saves cost in the long-run!

It's rather expensive at Rm87 (2.5kg), I purchase four bags a month at Rm300 for my own 5 cats. It's still a better option, considering how you won't have to spend at the vet later (when potential medical problems arise). Your cats will LOVE you so much more for it too!

P.S: Feline Caviar is really good too, this is what I feed my guests@rescued cats, it's much lower in cost and they love it!

Hi,
Orijen=80% protein, grains free. After i baca review on Orijen, i pun beli la the biggest pack of 7 kg for my 5 cats. Before this, dorang makan RC Hair&skin tapi rasanya xde pork..anyway, I just bought orijen 7 kg tapi dorang tak suka makan orijen. 3 kena diarrhea..unstoppable diarrhea sampai 2, 3 4 pagi kena teman pegi potty..2 3 kali pula tu..tension betull!! Kesian tengok dorang tu sampai punggung merah.tu yang after that terus refuse tak nak makan orijen. I dah mix dengan old food tapi dorang tu either refuse to eat or pilih makan old food je..yang tinggal orijen dalam pot..funny pun ada jugak tengok dorang ni. Yang lagi 2 tu makan sikit je..weird betul, my cats xkena dengan orijen langsung..Anyway,since baru makan about 10-15% of 7 kg orijen, i thought nak jual balik orijen ni. I bought it at Pet Safari for RM 188.00, so sekarang i nak jual leftover tu at RM 100.00...Leftover tu still in the original pack and i simpan dalam air-tight container. Anybody interested?