View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Animal Lover

Vee20 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kittens are sent back after adoption. To many unacceptable reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by schilazz View Post
just to share: We have found homes for so many kittens, but this is the 1st time we encounter adopter yang pelik like this... oh well, there s always 1st for everything
I've had my share, lady asking for a quiet kitten, by far the strangest request I ever received from any adopter. That wasn't really what struck a nerve though, it's just that she wasted too much of my time contemplating, and cancelled last minute. You know how it's like when you're preparing to let go of your rescues? You spend all the precious time you can with them, waiting for that day, but when it arrives, LAST MINUTE, you get turned down?

And on a different note, when I tried to recommend my other 'quiet' cats to suit her interest, she ended up asking me why I was trying to 'desperately get rid of my cats'? And not sticking to the cat she asked for?

Is it not discipline? When adopters communicate with you regarding the kind of personality (and cats) they're looking for, for you to recommend the closest resembling ones from your available rescues? Many of my previous rescued cats/kittens are happy, and the adopters grateful, because they found their perfect match.

It's any-time better than actually lying to 'get rid of our cats', eh?

The lady who returned the kitten to you, I feel, should try shelters instead. There are hundreds of cats/kittens with hundreds of different personalities awaiting their new homes, one of them is bound to be a 'quiet' one and fit the person's interest.

Unless the emphasis is on them being 'free'...then many willing rescuers & fosterers here will have to face more of such nonsense.

Kudos to you by the way for rescuing so many cats and working to get them adopted. Remember to ensure that all kittens are fit and ready physically and mentally before leaving with their new families, so that both adopters and rescuers can share the joy of having given a new lease of life to a once homeless fur-kid good luck to you!

Last edited by Vee20; 08-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.