View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 01:11 AM
Animal Lover

humpampa is on a distinguished road
Default Whiskas (Always) Halal?

Hi everyone

I want to ask about Whiskas cat food ingredients

In Malaysia, the ingredients of Whiskas tuna wet food is:
Tuna, Sardine, Mackerel, Gelling agents, Soy bean oil, Vitamins and minerals, Taurine

But in Whiskas Australia site (https://www.whiskas.com.au/our-produ...ours-in-jelly/), it said:
Meat By-Products & Meat (Derived from Chicken and/or Beef and/or Lamb and/or Pork); Binder; Flavours; Gelling Agents; All Essential Vitamins & Minerals; Fish By-Products (Derived from Tuna); Colours; Taurine.

When I read the regulation of cat food label in Australia, this mean Whiskas can replace the ingredients of their product with pork when they don't have enough another meat to produce the food.

My question is how about in Malaysia? Because Whiskas in Malaysia is produced in Thailand with market specific for Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, does it mean Malaysia's Whiskas is different?

And I know in Malaysia there is labelling regulation: "When the feed contains pork, pork derivatives or lard, the pet food shall be clearly labeled as: “CONTAINS [state pork, pork derivatives, or lard as applicable]”

Does it mean we can completely sure Whiskas in Malaysia never substitute their ingredients with pork?

Thanks

Last edited by humpampa; 11-16-2019 at 01:21 AM.